Although she does not really like having her photo taken...
So I went outside and took note of what is blooming...
The scent of the gardenias are amazing. I also spied this...
I also took note of some fun items on my desk at work. Some days I feel like this...
Other days, like this...
All photos taken with the app ClassicINSTA using my iphone.
1. I've got some of my creations in the newest edition of Somerset Studio for the With One Stamp article. Thanks Stampington!!
2. The school year is winding down and Miss B is very happy to have Spring Break next week. Once she gets back, it is just AP exams and finals, then graduation. At the moment, we have no plans to hit the road.
3. We attended the Youth Leadership Broward graduation on Tuesday evening and it was quite lovely. Lots of great kids and parents. We are so proud that Miss B did such a great job as the Youth Advisory Council Chair. I took some photos with my iphone, but unfortunately everyone looks like zombies. For some stupid reason, I totally forgot to bring my nice new DSLR camera with me to capture this event. Duh.
4. Miss 4 Legged B has had a bladder infection (although is showing no symptoms) since her annual checkup in April. After one round of antibiotics and a urine culture, they finally know what to treat and we started a new round of antibiotics last evening. Keeping my fingers crossed that this will get rid of it.
5. Mr. Mark is having some changes going on at work, but after much going back and forth, I believe he is happy with his decision. As an added bonus, his office will be much closer to home.
6. I've not been doing a whole lot of creating lately. Trying to spend as much time with Miss B in the evenings while she is still at home. I know the time will pass by in a flash and they she will be off to college. I'll be posting soon on her final decision.
Last Friday evening was prom...The majority of the day was spent at various appointments and having some mother/daughter bonding time. The evening seemed to fly by in a flash, but she had a great time with her friends and they shared a gorgeous Saturday at the beach. It was nice to see these kids who work so hard all year long, finally get a chance to relax and have fun.
Got a chance to take a few photos using the Hipstamatic app in my iphone...
It was quite the busy weekend. We hit the carnival on Saturday evening, as well as Sunday evening. Since they told us we weren't needed in the white elephant, we had the night to visit with friends. We attempted to get to the art show on Sunday, but the weather decided not to cooperate as we were driving there, so we punted that idea. Got quite a few errands done though, and I've finally started the big office clean up. I worked on that both Saturday and Sunday, however it is going take a LONG time to get my things organized and to weed through items I need to purge. But, I'm making progress and moving in the right direction. It may be a while before I can start creating again.
Hope you had a lovely weekend.
Our church carnival started last evening, so I went on a little photography expedition, taking photos with my new camera as well as the iphone. These photos were taken with the iphone and post processed using an app called Camera+ (which I totally LOVE). My goal was to capture all the pretty lights and see how well I could do with the night photography (and no flash). I am planning to take more throughout the weekend and try some other apps (Hipstamatic). Thursday evening is always a good night to go since it is not very crowded (most everyone there is from the church and kids that go to the school because they have off on Friday). I also wanted to hit the White Elephant sale to see if I could find anything interesting to use in my cards and collages. I was not disappointed. I found a cute little vintage suitcase filled with sewing stuff, as well as a box of sewing trims. All 3 of us will be working the carnival on Saturday evening. Miss B and her friend will be in the funnel cake booth, while Mr. Mark and I will be at the white elephant sale. We will be keeping our fingers crossed that the weather will cooperate (reports sound good, although I dodged a few sprinkles last evening).
Looks like another busy weekend for us. I may even try to squeeze in an art show too! Nothing like trying to get the most out of those days off!
Wishing you a fab weekend!
Got a fun Saturday event planned...we are going to the Bullympics. I've been wanting to do this for a while, and am so excited we are finally going. I'm even planning to bring my new camera to practice taking photos of all my furry friends! Oh, and no, the furry B will not be attending.
Sad but true. I know my limitations and since I want to take photos, there is no way I can handle her and the camera at the same time. Even with help from Mr. Mark, it just would be more of a challenge than I am willing to deal with. But, maybe I can bring her home some sort of souvenier.
We may try to hit an antique show as well, if time permits.
Hope you have a great weekend!!